- First thing you need to do is look at your feet and make sure it's not under the wheels of your desk chair as you will immediately roll over it and spoil it or step on it.
- get the flashlight to do the floor search. Flashlight has dead battery. Go find fresh battery or second flashlight. Insert fresh battery and return to the scene of the crime.
- now what was it I was looking for? Get on floor on your hands and knees, using flashlight on the floor shrine the light horizontally across the surface of the floor and scan the area. Hopefully the item in question will cast a shadow or a glint in the light. Look at all those dust bunnies. "Oh my" I see something I was looking for last week LOL.
- Search behind you and the opposite area that you think it never could be in because that's probably where it's at.
- Keep searching with some select choice four-letter words. It doesn't help, but somehow makes you feel better, and alerts those within hearing range that this is not the time for cute or "helpful" comments.
- Search more then give up. Go back to your bench and sit down. Hopefully you'll see the missing item right on your bench pin in front of you. Or maybe not.
- If it really is an item you can't continue without, then go get the broom and the dustpan and carefully sweep all areas of the shop starting with under the bench. Collect all this in the dustpan then go through the dustpan with your fingers and a pair of tweezers, looking with your optivisor on and pick out all the good stuff that you find there. Maybe your piece will be in there, but it probably won't. But this has several benefits: a)you'll find pieces that you didn't know you'd lost
- Go have lunch or go to the Post Office. Sometimes it takes a bit of time for the wrinkle in the parallel universe to flatten out and return your item.
- Still missing? Clean your bench top and catch tray. If you don't find it at least that will be tidy.
- If still missing move on to plan B or make a new one. That way you'll be sure to find it!
- BTW.........i never did find my lost item. LOL